Food and Me
Monday, September 29, 2008
Is C for cookie monster or cupcake ?
My gang !
I made these for my good friends, brother and his girlfriend.
1. My gang, the gang that i always hang out with
2. Dog Lin, you know who you are
3. Onion, you know who you are too !
4. Whale, my bro.
5. Egg, bro's girlfriend.
Hmm....wanted to also make for my friend's girlfriends, but i dont know what they represent...so....i dropped the idea, no worries, there will always be a next time =)
Hmm...what do i represent ?
R + I + C + E = RICE !
Sunday, September 14, 2008
If it is back to work....
Return of the cannot-have-enough-of-it sandwich.
If i'm working..this would be what i'd have..
3 slices of bread with either tuna or sardines.
1. Spreaded with mashed mackerel.
3. Sliced !
4. Wrapped !
Ready to go with an apple !
Yup, that'd be my meals from 1200 - 1700, hopefully i can survive the hunger =)
Ahh...give me a loaf of bread and i can finish them =)
Vegetables for dinner !
Yup..had them with porridge.
1. Stir fried Tortoise beans with minced pork and own seasoning.
2. Stir fried broccoli with some garlic, dried seasoned scallops and own seasoning.
Vegetables are good for you !
Oh, mum steamed a fish head too, very very fresh..her friend goes fishing often, so, he gave her 1 fish today after catching around 30+ fishes ! Amazing...
i love porridge with lots of water, haaa makes u fuller...
KIM CHI TEH !
Woooopeee ! My dinner !
Went to the korean supermarket to get some korean stuff.
Wah , was too hungry when i got home.
So...i made some kimchi soup with the kimchi i bought and had it with rice.
This was also mum's dinner, as for my brother, his girlfriend bought him LONG JOHN SLIVER !
Lunch for the day
For myself !
Oh ! This is my own DARK CHOCOLATE CAKE !
I told my mum, hey mother, this is the serangoon's best dark chocolate cake !
She said, " Hmp "
I said, " HAA mother you think i'm joking with you ? "
Of course that was just a joke lah..
Anyway, i made this cake to try it out for myself...i had this recipe in mind so i decided to give it a try..
Serangoon's best dark chocolate cake ? HAA !!
More cake orders !
Mum's friend's cake order
You might wonder...AGAIN ?!?!
Wow very delicious !
Hmm, had a craving for macaroni soup today, so i decided to make it.
I can still remember the smell of the Macaroni soup i had when i was a child.
That sure brings back memories.
Anyway, i made this meal with my own stock and added alot of vegetables and some shredded chicken breast meat.
If you've been following my blog, you should know i eat alot of vegetables =)
My bowl of soup is filled with vegetables...
green trees ?
Mmm...lunch ! Actually, after work out meal lah ! haa.
1. Stir fried broccoli with chopped garlic, dried seasoned scallops and some seasoning.
2. Pork loin marinated in own marinade.
Hmm...the pork was quite tough, and the taste wasnt what i expected, no good, but i like tough meats =)
Our Dinner !
Dinner for my mum, brother and i. Dad seldom comes home for dinner. He eats out more often.
1. I deep fried some drumlets, just wanted to try a recipe of mine. Yum ! Turned out great, i'd probably stick to this recipe or tune it abit more.
2. Fish head steamboat. Fish, seaweed, cabbage, tofu and yam. Our family went to a fishhead steamboat stall on friday night to celebrate father's birthday in advance. It was our favourite stall, they serve very good soup and dishes, and they werent that costly for a table of 5.
So i started to have some craving for that and came up with this myself..of course it wasnt as good as theirs, but i think this is good as well. =)
Another batch of pigs !
Oink oink !
Yay ! My little pig is out !
I've been thinking of making my little pig for some time but i didnt have the time, now i finally tried it, i'm very very happy with the results, they look VERY CUTE ! HAAA
These are made with the mooncake skin dough.
They're going for a slaughter.... =)
Wooooooo.....oink oink !