Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Hmm, not your usual cheesecake..

Trying a new flavour for my cheesecake.

Coconut rum with chocolate chips ?

My first attempt on this flavour wasnt really a success, RUM taste was too strong, too heavy, cant really taste the coconut and it was overly bitter due to excess RUM.

Well, this is the 2nd try, with some changes to the base and flavour, needless to say, the size of the cake pan.

I bought smaller pans to make smaller cakes =) small sized cakes are cute.

For this base, i used real shredded coconut to give it a slightly chewy texture.

After tasting 1/4 of the cake...my verdict would be...okay i'm going to try again haa...ahh...

I could taste the coconut but RUM seems to be missing in it, and adding those chocolate chips didnt blend into the texture well enough, the cake is creamy and then u come across something hard and that is the Choco. Chips, wrong wrong wrong...maybe next attempt, i'll mix in melted chocolate instead.

Due to the reduced size of the pan...some of the propotion for my ingredients were wrong, i have to tune them back into place..hmm...this is going to take me some time...

We shall wait for the next attempt...*Phhhht*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home